Zhenjun Zhang received his MA from Peking University and PhD from the University of Wisconsin-Madison. He is the author of several books, including Buddhism and Tales of the Supernatural in Early Medieval China (Brill, 2014), Traditional Fiction and Chinese Culture (Guangxi Normal University Press, 1996), Comprehensive Commentaries on the Strange Tales from Liaozhai (Lijiang Press,1994, Co-author), and editor of seven series of Chinese novels and Taoist texts. He has published in the Journal of Peking University, Taoist Culture Studies, Oriens Extremus, and Acta Orientalia. Currently he is working on two book manuscripts, The Hidden and Visible Realms and Life of Women in Traditional China. He teaches Mandarin Chinese, “Chinese literature and film,” “Cultures of China,” and “Buddhism and Taoism through literature and film.”
Spring 2015: Dr. Zhang is teaching:
CHIN 102: Elem. Chin.
CHIN 102 L : Lab
CHIN 104: Interm. Chin.
CHIN 104 L: Lab
ASIA 232: Cultures of China
Regularly Taught Courses:
- Chin-101/102 Elementary Chinese
- Chin-103/104 Intermediate Chinese
- Chin-201/202 Advanced Chinese
- Ltrn/Asia/Film232 Cultures of China [through film and fiction]
- Ltrn/Asia/Film 234 Chinese Literature and Film
- Traditional Chinese Fiction and its interaction with religion and culture
- Classical Chinese Literature
- Classical Chinese Literature, women in Chinese literature and culture