A total of 621 degrees were awarded at today’s ceremony. There were 583 candidates for bachelor’s degrees, of which 19 were candidates for summa cum laude; 28 candidates for master of education degrees; five (5) candidates for a master of science in mental health counseling; and four (3) Certificates of Advances Studies in Education and one (1) advanced certificate in Counseling and Human Development will be granted. One degree was awarded posthumously.
* The five most popular majors this year are, in descending order:
- Business in the Liberal Arts
- Performance and Communication Arts
* The senior with the highest cumulative grade-point average over four full years of study at St. Lawrence is Jordan Koloski of Lebanon, New Hampshire. His GPA is 3.952 out of a possible 4.0. He majored in biochemistry.
Degrees Presented by Family Members
* It is a tradition at St. Lawrence for graduates to have the option of receiving their degree from family members associated with the University. Several of today’s candidates will receive degrees from relatives:
- Carli Baldwin, presented by her father, Brad Baldwin, Professor of Biology
- Brittney Charleston, presented by her mother, Mary Charleston, Senior Secretary in Residence Life
- Margaret Cummins, presented by her mother, Susan Dodd, Visiting Assistant Professor of Education
- Spencer DeCinque, presented by his sponsor, Patrick D. Martin ’75, Trustee Emeritus
- Gian-Carlo Filippi, presented by his mother, Denise Dingman, Library Assistant
- Samuel Leclerc, presented by his sponsor, André Couture, Trustee
- Henry Samson, presented by his father, Earl A. “Trip” Samson III ’80, Trustee
- Emma Turell, presented by her mother, Sarah Gates, Associate Professor of English
- Stephanie Baron, accepted by her sister, MacKenzie Baron.
Daniel Temme, Second Lieutenant, Military Intelligence detailed to Infantry, Fort Benning, Georgia
May 22, 2016