Chocolate Passport Project Grant Proposal Application
The Chocolate Passport, featured by the Sustainability Program, will support St. Lawrence University students to conduct personal research projects, independent study or SYE courses, complete group projects and club-related projects, or develop creative projects (e.g. visual art exhibit). All funded activities will focus on the education of chocolate as a unifying element to bridge connectivity and inclusiveness among all students, faculty, and the community. The proposed project must align with the goals of the Chocolate Passport Project.
As part of the Sustainability Program, the grant is designed to meet the five following learning goals:
- Implement interdisciplinary solutions to sustainability problems
- Comprehend the local and global intersections of sustainability issues
- Identify the complexities of relationships involved with sustainability issues
- Develop strategies to communicate environmental knowledge to different audiences
- Gain leadership skills in community engagement and environmental activism
Additionally, our proposed Chocolate Passport seeks to fulfill the following overarching goals:
- Use chocolate as a unifying element to bridge connectivity and inclusiveness among all students, faculty, and the community
- Provide extended learning opportunities to inspired students to explore chocolate further through a grant program
- Produce a body of projects to celebrate learning and the joy of chocolate through a culminating Chocolate Passport Festival
Rolling Application Deadline; Apply between November 1, 2021-March 1, 2022
For more information, contact the Sustainability Program Faculty Director Sara Ashpole (email@example.com).