Ever year SLU ReUse rescues unwanted student items from the landfill by salvaging,donating, and reselling students' leftovers.
When can I donate?
- Year Round - Visit the student run Barn Good Thrift Store to find gently used clothing and items for your residence
- Spring - Participate in the Move-Out ReUse Program by donating your gently used items; drop-off areas are conveniently located in the residence halls
- Fall - Explore the huge SLU ReUse sale to find gently used items to furnish your residence
What can I donate?
- ReUse accepts gently used : Bedding, Cleaning Supplies, Clothing, Electronics, Furniture, Hangers, School Supplies, Shoes, and Small Appliances
- ReUse will collect unopened toiletires and food items to those in need
- We cannot accept items classifed as "prohibited" in the Student Handbook
Where can I participate?
- Learn where the nearest drop off point is using the Interactive Map
- During move-out the University offers textile recycling to our employees
- Employees are encouraged to drop-off gently used items at the designated spot located by Facilities Operations
- Textiles are collected, gratis, by St. Lawrence County and are brought to the Syracuse Rescue Mission for re-use/re-purposing
- To learn more about the general environmental, economic, and social benefits of textile recycling across New York please visit : NYS Association for Reduction, ReUse, and Recycling