On-Campus Internship Program (OCIP) Information Session
The St. Lawrence University On-Campus Internship Program (OCIP) provides a unique experiential learning opportunity aimed at developing professional skills while enrolled as a full-time student.
Departments sponsoring St. Lawrence's new On-Campus Internship Program (OCIP) have posted positions for the 2023-24 academic year in Handshake and will be accepting applications from March 22 - April 7!
The OCIP involves tasks, activities and learning that go beyond what might be expected of a traditional student employee to include work requiring greater intellectual engagement and/or professional responsibility. OCIP internships involve at least 50-75% substantive work engaging students in higher level professional activities including but not limited to research, analysis, writing, data collection, interacting/communicating with audiences and/or constituents.
The OCIP experience will focus on skill building, mentorship, learning, reflection and opportunities to develop/expand a professional network. A foundation of the OCIP is to provide reciprocity as a mutually beneficial experience for the student and internship provider. These are PAID, in-person experiences.
Search for OCIP Positions on Handshake
2023-2024 OCIP Positions Available
- Broadcast & Social Media Manager Internship | eSports
- Career Coaching Internship | Center for Career Excellence
- Computer Science Internship | Nature Up North
- Corporate Liaison | eSports
- Digital Media Internship | Nature Up North
- Employer Engagement Internship | Center for Career Excellence
- Environmental Education Internship | Nature Up North
- GIS Internship | Science Library
- Grant Writing Internship | Corporate & Foundation Relations
- Information Desk Manager | Student Activities & Leadership
- Law Internship | General Counsel
- Library Internship | University Libraries
- Marketing & Assessment Internship | Center for Career Excellence
- Sports Media & Communication Internship | Athletics
- Student Help Desk Manager | Information Technology
- Student Tech Manager | Information Technology
- Student Marketing Team | University Communications
- Team Manager Internship | eSports
- Volunteer Services Program Manager | Student Activities & Leadership
- Wellness Education Internship | Student Wellness
Come to this information session to learn about these opportunities and how to apply! OCIPs present a great opportunity for students who may not be able to take on a summer internship and/or want to use an on-campus experience as a building block to more competitive summer internships.