SLU Articulation Agreement with SUNY Buffalo School of Pharmacy (3+4 program)
This agreement enables students to complete 3 years of pre-requisite courses at SLU before entering the 4 year Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) program at SUNY Buffalo.
- Major in biology, chemistry, biochemistry, or neuroscience and complete at least 75% of the required units for that major.
- Overall GPA: 3.3
- GPA in math/science pre-requisite courses: 3.3
- Complete each pre-requisite course (see below) with a grade of 2.5 or better by the end of the summer semester prior to fall admission (end of 3rd year at SLU)
- Take the PCAT (Pharmacy College Admission Test) during late sophomore spring semester
- Complete a SLU Health Careers Committee Interview to obtain a letter of recommendation during February/March of the sophomore spring semester
Pre-requisite Courses & Requirements:
- two English courses
- one semester Statistics
- one year General Biology
- one semester Microbiology
- one year General Chemistry
- two semesters Anatomy & Physiology
- one year Organic Chemistry
- one semester Biochemistry
- one year Calculus
- one semester Social/Behavioral science
- one semester Physics
- ALL SLU GRADUATION & DISTRIBUTION REQUIREMENTS
- Submit an application through the Pharmacy College Application Service (PharmCAS) by October 1 (junior fall semester). (This will include your Health Careers Committee recommendation letter.)
- Meet the University at Buffalo PharmD Supplemental Application and Application Fee deadline of March 1 (junior spring semester).
- If invited, participate in a formal interview with designated interviewers from SUNY Buffalo.
What are the Admissions Committee looking for in a successful applicant, in addition to excellent GPA, PCAT score and recommendations?
Communication skills, leadership ability, community service, health care-related or research experience, motivation for a pharmacy career