This article explains how to configure your SLU email account in the Mozilla Thunderbird program on your Mac. Written for version 38.0.1
Follow the instructions on this page to download and install the latest version of Mozilla Thunderbird
If you are currently using Thunderbird for you email, you will need to remove your previous account configuration in order to properly configure it for Microsoft Exchange
- Click on the settings button in the top right corner (Screenshot 1)
- Under "Preferences," select "Account Settings."
- In the new window that pops up, select your SLU email account on the left. Then, click "Account Actions" below and select "Remove Account." (Screenshot 2)
- Click "OK"
Now you will need to install the ExQuilla Thunderbird Extension. This extension allows you to properly configure a Microsoft Exchange email account in Thunderbird
- In Thunderbird, Click the Settings button (Screenshot 1) and click "Add ons"
- On the left, click the "Get Add-ons" tab
- In the search bar in the top right corner, type "ExQuilla" and search
- Click the install button next to ExQuilla for Microsoft Exchange
- Then click the "Restart now" button that appears to restart Thunderbird
Now that the extension is installed you can configure your SLU email.
- On the main Thunderbird screen, select the settings button again. (Screenshot 1)
- Navigate to "tools," then "ExQuilla for Microsoft Exchange," and select "Add Microsoft Exchange Account."
- Enter your SLU email address and network password then click "next"
- On the next page, click "do auto discover." This will automatically configure the server settings. Click "Next" (See Screenshot 3 to confirm the server information matches.)
- Click Finish on the next window
You SLU email should now be configured. It may take a while to import all of your email, depending on the speed of your computer and the amount of email you have.