Faculty, staff and students can access a Windows PC from a computer or mobile device with Internet access by going to https://desktop.stlawu.edu. SLU Windows Desktop is perfect for accessing applications that are Windows-only or that you do not have installed on your computer.
Example Scenario 1: Obidiah is a student at St. Lawrence. He needs to use SPSS for an assignment, but he'd prefer to use his laptop rather than a lab computer on campus. Obidiah can use SLU Windows Desktop to work with SPSS from his laptop in the comfort of his room.
Example Scenario 2: Miriam is an instructor at St. Lawrence. She needs access to a Windows desktop, but is travelling with her iPad. Miriam can access the a Windows desktop from her iPad by connecting to SLU Windows Desktop via the VMware Horizon View Client app, available for download in the iTunes app store.
- From the iTunes store or Android market place, download and install the VMware Horizon View Client.
- Launch the application and select ‘Add Server’
- For Connection Server type desktop.stlawu.edu.
- Enter your St. Lawrence network credentials
- Choose the virtual desktop that suits your needs. Unless directed otherwise, choose ‘Windows 7 Lab.’
Step 2 and 3 are for initial setup only. The client will save this information.