A select chamber choir of undergraduate student singers, the Laurentians continue a 70-year-plus legacy of choral excellence, performing regularly throughout the year on campus, in the North Country, and nationally and internationally on tour every year during spring break. Their far-ranging repertoire is drawn from the entire span of Euro-American classical traditions as well as world and popular idioms.
Two great northeastern US cities will be the destinations for tour in March – New York City and Boston. Repertoire will include Debussy’s only a cappella choral work, Trois Chansons, Beatles songs in King’s Singers arrangements and folk songs from Ireland and Scotland.
The Singers will present their 17th Annual Holiday Concert and Carol Sing returning to Pickens Hall in Heuvelton as well as sing in the 96th Annual Candlelight Service.
Rehearsals (starting Tuesday, September 5):
- Full – Tuesdays and Thursdays, 4:30-6:00 pm
- Sectionals – Wednesdays, women 4:30-5:30 pm and men 5:30-6:30 pm
- Rehearsals are in Griffiths 15.
- Family Weekend Concerts – Friday and Saturday, October 6 and 7 at 7:30 pm in Peterson-Kermani Performance Hall
- 17th Annual Holiday Concert and Carol Sing – Friday, December 8 at 7:00 pm at Pickens Hall, Heuvelton, NY and Saturday, December 9 at 4:00 pm in Gunnison Memorial Chapel
- Spring Break Tour – Puerto Rico, Saturday, March 18 – Sunday, March 26.
- 96th Annual Candlelight Service – Wednesday, December 13 at 7:00 and 9:00 pm in Gunnison Memorial Chapel
- Commencement Concert, Saturday, May 21 at 5:00 pm in Gunnison Memorial Chapel
Auditions: Sunday, September 3 and Monday, September 4, 6:30 – 9:00 pm in Griffiths 15.
- Audition requirements: Vocalize throughout your range, sing a prepared solo a cappella (can be any style except contemporary pop), and sing with a vocal quartet (a choral excerpt of about 40 bars will be available for you to learn 30 minutes prior to your audition).
For more information, contact Barry Torres, director.