A select chamber choir of undergraduate student singers, the Laurentians continue a 70-year-plus legacy of choral excellence, performing regularly throughout the year on campus, in the North Country, and nationally and internationally on tour every year during spring break. Their far-ranging repertoire is drawn from the entire span of Euro-American classical traditions as well as world and popular idioms.
Two great northeastern US cities will be the destinations for tour in March – New York City and Boston – with stops in Rochester NY, Wallingford CT, Meriden NH and Burlington VT. Repertoire will include Debussy’s only a cappella choral work, Trois Chansons, English Renaissance Anthems by Tallis and Gibbons, a tribute to the Beatles White Album and songs of Ireland.
Rehearsals (starting Thursday, January 18):
- Full – Tuesdays and Thursdays, 4:30-6:00 pm
- Sectionals – Wednesdays, women 4:30-5:30 pm and men 5:30-6:30 pm
- Rehearsals are in Griffiths 15.
- MLK Service – Wednesday, January 17 at 5:00 pm in Gunnison Memorial Chapel
- Canton Winterfest Progressive Concert – Monday, February 13 at 6:30 pm First Presbyterian Church, Canton
- Pre-tour concert – Saturday, March 3 in Plattsburgh, NY Time and location TBA
- Tour 2018: NYC and Boston – Friday, March 16 through Sunday, March 25.
- Home Concert – Friday, March 30 at 8:00 pm in Peterson-Kermani Performance Hall
- Commencement Concert – Saturday, May 19 at 5:00 pm in Gunnison Memorial Chapel
Auditions: membership in Laurentian Singers is yearly. Auditions are at the beginning of the fall semester.
For more information, contact Barry Torres, director.