- Conjuguemos: Interactive quizzes that can be custom timed, provide correct answers, and focus on speed. There are quizzes for grammar, vocabulary from Italian text book chapters and vocabulary organized by themes. Links to vocab lists and flashcards provided as well.
- ILGUR- Italian Language, Grammar and Usage Resource: ILGUR has posted over 200 entries on learning Italian.
- Iluss: Grammar resources, reading units and challenging exercises usable on- or offline.
- Italian 100 Web Exercises: This site from the University of Victoria includes self-checking exercises on both vocabulary and grammar for beginners.
- Italian Grammar Rules - Rocket Languages: Information on rules in for grammar
- Italianize yourself: Free online Italian lessons designed so that students can deductively understand Italian grammar rules from dialogues and readings, and reproduce them in the practice section.
- La Grammatica Italiana: This is an excellent grammar resource from Cristina Mazzoni at the University of Vermont. Each topic area includes a clear explanation, exercises and either a cartoon or proverb or both!
- Noi Parliamo Italiano: This site has audio and video, reading, games and grammar activities for students of all levels. It also has a great section on Italian culture, as well as information about other useful sites.
- Oggi-Domani: Interactive lesson course for beginner Italian learners with exercises, audio clips, and resources from beginner to intermediate level.
- Speak 7: Grammar & Vocabulary lessons
- Verbix: Conjugate any verb in Italian.
Vocabulary & Flashcards:
- Digital Dialects: Select a lesson, learn basic vocab, test your skills with an online vocabulary game.
- L’Italiano in Famiglia: this is 2-level video course (35 episodes). Each episode lasts about 20/25 minutes just to easily teach the Italian language to foreign people.
- ItalianPod101: The system consists of free daily podcast audio lessons, video lessons, Italian Word of the Day, a premium learning center, and a vibrant user community.
- Lang Media: Here you can find videos of common scenarios you might encounter when visiting Italy, such as eating out, visiting a library or needing to make a telephone call. The videos are shot in Italy and all dialogues are natural and spoken by native speakers
- Molto Bene Italian: Games to learn Italian accompanied with pronunciation. Vocab and grammar practice, choose the skill level and the subject that you want to review and try a variety of games such as word matching, hangman, word search, etc.
- Pimsleur Approach: A selection of games that help learn and practice Italian vocab
- Quia: There are 633 activities to learn and practice Italian
- Quizlet: Sets of already made flashcards are available to practice with, pronunciation included
- Surface Languages: Play games to practice Italian vocabulary and to learn pronunciation
- Transparent Language: Word of the Day page – can subscribe via email, RSS feed, or Twitter.
- ZapItalian: Learn pronunciation with audio
- 10 essential rules for Americans in Italy: Cultural awareness
- Culture & Food Habits of Italy: Italian culture article
- Italian Culture: Cultural awareness
- Italian Web Sites - University of Northern Iowa: Information about basics of the Italian language including culture
- BBC – Italian: Learn how to speak Italian with courses, classes, audio and video, including phrases, the Italian alphabet, vocabulary, pronunciation, grammar, activities and many more.
- La Repubblica: The official twitter feed of the newspaper La Repubblica – local editions as well as articles about government, economy, sports, arts, and technology. Read the headlines on the feed, and follow links to articles.
- Twitter Italia: An account for the Italian speaking community on Twitter