- Animated German Grammar: Animated German grammar tutorials
- Babbel: German lessons and activities are available for students to use.
- Conjuguemos: Interactive quizzes that can be custom timed, provide correct answers, and focus on speed. There are quizzes for grammar, vocabulary from German text book chapters and vocabulary organized by themes. Links to vocab lists and flashcards provided as well.
- Deutsch im Blick: Grammar references (Deutsch im Blick has limited explicit grammar modeling, but it is supported by an extensive companion online resource.
- Deutsch Lernen: Provides free German lessons ranging from beginner to advanced, includes study tips for learning German, and a travel guide on German speaking countries.
- Deutschkurs: Deutschkurs has extensive online chapters covering beginner to advanced German grammar. It also includes dialect information on how German is pronounced in various regions of Germany.
- German Grammar Lessons: German language skills, grammar structures.
- German language learning games: Digital Dialects: Divided into different basic lessons that provide and written and pronunciation review before allowing you to play games to practice basic German vocab
- German Tutorial Index: Comprehensive, grammar, and vocabulary review of German
- Grimm Grammar: Grimm Grammar is an online German grammar reference from the University of Texas at Austin.
- Learn German: A site for German students, teachers, and German enthusiasts.
- Nancy Thuleen: Grammar worksheets for teaching German
- Verbix: German Verb Conjugation
- Yes German: Website with phrase, grammar, and vocabulary lessons as well as tips on travel to Germany.
Vocabulary & Flashcards:
- Cram: A flashcard website. You can choose to include images on flashcards and choose from a many links providing vocabulary lists. Useful for studying grammar and conjugations as well. Once you go through the flashcards, there are tests, memorizing exercises and games as well.
- Deutsche Welle: It offers a range of different learning materials, including this telenovela.
- Education Scotland: Hennings Haus provides a variety of games to reinforce key grammar and vocabulary - with audio.
- German Games: German Language Games
- German language learning games: Vocabulary and grammar building games for all levels.
- German Language: German pronunciation, vocabulary, grammar and other language tools.
- German Phrases: Common German phrases (with audio and game)
- Quizlet: German vocabulary flashcards
- Slow German: This is a side project of Annik Rubens who produces the podcast Sleepless in Munich. The topics of her Slow German podcasts include everything from holidays to automobiles. The podcasts and transcripts are free. For an additional fee you can purchase the accompanying materials in PDF format, which include vocabulary, comprehension questions, and a cloze exercise.
- The German Professor: German language lessons, culture lessons, quizzes and other resources.
- Vokabel: German vocabulary pop quiz, and other exercises
- Goethe-Institut: The Goethe-Institut fosters knowledge about Germany by providing information on German culture, society and politics. This includes the exchange of films, music, theatre, and literature.
- Romea und Julian: Interactive lesson on the German equivalent of Romeo and Juliet
- Beolingus: Online dictionary that provides students with examples of word usage and synonyms.
- CanooNet: German dictionaries and grammar" is an English-language site offering practical helps with German.
- Dict.cc: Besides browsing the dictionary or searching for German-English translations you can also ask and answer questions related to the German or English language using the translation forum. To improve your language skills try the vocabulary trainer
- Leo Dictionary: Two-way German-English dictionary with about 450000 entries and several search options
- BBC: Languages, German: Introductory German lessons, video tutorials, German phrase guide for both slang and holiday phrases. Links to a variety of German news, TV, and radio sources, some with videos and subtitles.
- Deutsche Welle: News and analysis of the top international and European topics Current affairs and background information on politics, business, science, culture, globalization…
- Networking European Citizenship Education | bpb: Handouts, videos, news
- about.com's German Games and Quizzes: A great compilation of online quizzes on a wide range of topics ranging from grammar and listening to culture and current events.
- Dialang Projekt: Created with support from the European commission, this site provides diagnostic self-tests that give you feedback on your strengths and weaknesses in German, or any of the 13 other major European languages. Feedback from a student: the testing format is not necessarily very reliable, but the exercises are "very good and challenging...almost addictive."
- Games for Language: Quick German Games: Simple, repetitive games for practicing everyday vocabulary and simple structures. You'll either find these annoying, or you'll like the quick review/lessons they provide. If you like the format, follow the instructions to register for a full course for free.
- German level tests online: Great compilation of German self-tests available online, compiled by the "learn German online" site.
- Goethe Institut: Testen Sie Ihr Deutsch: Challenging 30-item quiz. A score of 20/30 would already be very good!
- Grammatikspiele: Here you can find a selection of grammar practice games. Most require both some grammar knowledge for deciding where you want to go, and some simple video game skills in terms of maneuvering the bug or the car or whatever you're controlling in order to actually get there (e.g. Käfer Karl needs to get to the correct answer through a moving "minefield" of killer spiders). Each game is preceded by a German summary of the grammar being practiced, and a German explanation of how the game works, and is labeled according to the level for which it is intended (A2, B1, B2) Via the navigation bar at the top, you can also find links to additional grammar tests, exercises, explanations, and resources.