- Verbe du jour: A quick and easy French verb conjugator
- Alliance Française: DELF and DALF sample exams with reading comprehension, listening, writing and speaking
- Bon Patron: Perfect for double checking possible grammar mistakes in essay.
- Bonjour de France: Grammar/ Vocabulary lessons/ Songs with karaoke
- Conjuguemos: Interactive quizzes that can be custom timed, provide correct answers, and focus on speed. There are quizzes for grammar, vocabulary from French text book chapters (Allez-Viens, Bien Dit), and vocabulary organized by themes. Links to vocab lists and flashcards provided as well.
- E-learning French: Grammar lessons with audios
- Français Interactif: Grammar Lessons, PDF downloads, Podcasts, mp3 downloads, vocabulary
- Language Guide.org: Grammar lessons, vocabulary guide and French readings to build upon vocabulary
- Le Point du Fle: Grammar and vocabulary exercises with short stories to read
- Learn French Lab: Grammar lessons with videos and audios
- Love France, Learn French: This blog lists the Top 100 Sites, Blogs and Resource Pages to Learn French Online for Free.
- Speak 7: Alphabet and Grammar lessons
Vocabulary & Flashcards:
- About.com: Resources to study on your own or ask for a pen pal – someone who is fluent in French to practice with
- BBC Languages French: Learn how to speak French with audio, video and games…etc.
- Daily French Pod: Daily podcast about various topics, for the premium option, you can access vocabulary and grammar.
- Digital Dialects: Spelling, Verb Section, Colors, Clothing, animals, months, etc., to help the pronunciation in French
- French Assistant: Lessons for beginners and experts as well as sound check for pronunciation
- French Learner: Simple lessons for the basics of French such as greetings, colors, and simple verb conjugation.
- French Resources: Vocabulary & Grammar worksheets for all levels.
- Learn French by Podcast: Podcast lessons of the language, like vocabulary, alphabet, etc., that one can play or download as pdf
- Learn French: Free grammar lessons as well as audio dialogues to test listening comprehension and to practice pronunciation; also, printable handouts that cover grammar and vocabulary as well as grammar exercises, vocabulary quizzes and basic glossaries. There is also a special section which includes audio vocabulary lists pronounced with a Québécois accent.
- Learn Language: Interactive lessons, games and activities to learn up to 1200 French words and phrases.
- Pimsleur Approach: Flashcards, articles, and grammar lessons, as well as useful links to other websites.
- The French Tutorial: The French Tutorial is a web-based step by step lesson covering basics, pronunciation, but also grammar, vocabulary and everyday French. It offers audio support for better oral comprehension, a table of contents and an index for faster searches.
- Wiki French: Learn French Through wiki.
- BBC Online French Learning Resources: Free vocabulary/ grammar/ games/ videos/ exercises and cultural presentations. Worksheets for teachers also provided
- News in Slow French: This website provides weekly news articles along with recordings of native speakers reading the text – with two options of pacing in order to aid comprehension for lower-level students. Activities highlight French grammar and expressions. Podcasts and additional resources for learning French lessons are also available on the website.
- Teletoon: TV for children to play games and watch cartoons in French
- TV 5 Monde: French News/Vocabulary Practice/ Culture
- About-France.com: Information about the history of French, French culture and country information. Contains news stories from France, grammar and vocabulary lessons, and French dialects.
- Le Franco Phoney: Blog posts about various French topics.
- The ARTFL Project: French government and University of Chicago collaboration. Provides access to many French resources for research papers. Free public databases provide information of French encyclopedias to architecture to French theater.