- Chinese Grammar Wiki: A reliable wiki page that offers easy-to-understand explanations for Chinese grammar.
- COUSERA: Online university courses ranging a broad spectrum of Chinese topics.
- Learn Chinese - Chinese Tools: On the right side of the main screen, there is a table of contents that has very useful lessons.
- Learn Chinese Online Page: A website developed by California State University. It has a clean interface and has lots of links for outside resources.
- MIT OpenCourseWare – Learning Chinese: A Foundation Course in Mandarin: The website contains lots of useful pdf files and mp3 audio that can help students in learning Mandarin.
Vocabulary & Flashcards:
- Allset Learning Pinyin App: App (for ipad) that shows the pinyin chart with zomm-able and pan-able features (This link connects you to the iTunes store)
- Anki: A powerful tool (flash cards) to review vocabularies.
- BBC Languages - Chinese: Large online resource for language learning that offers traditional step-by-step learning, vocabulary resources, as well as multimedia tools. (signup not needed)
- Best Chinese Websites: A creative website from the University of Northern Iowa. It has plenty of useful resources and links.
- Chinese - Free Mandarin Chinese Flash cards: available both online and as printable PDF files
- Chinese Flashcards- YellowBridge: “YellowBridge Chinese Flashcards are designed to help students memorize as many Chinese characters as possible” Many different levels of pre-made flash cards sorted by textbook, complete with instant dictionary lookup, and correct pronunciation
- Chinese with Mike: Lessons are delivered through short videos; currently has released over 60 videos of about 10 minutes each.
- FluentU: This website uses popular video clips and short movies to help student learn Chinese in a very visual manner. (sign up needed)
- Foreign Services Institute: Courses are developed by the United States government. Materials are high-quality and designed by professional linguists with the goal of learner fluency.
- HanziCraft: This program teaches how to write Chinese characters.
- Jukuu: A database of sentences in English and Chinese. It can be useful to understand the context of a given word.
- Just Lean Chinese: A Chinese-learning blog that covers short stories, vocabularies, tips, etc.
- Lang-8: A great resource for improving writing skills. When you post something in the community, some native Chinese speaker will correct your writing and give you feedback. (sign up needed)
- Learn Chinese - Qingwen App: A great little app that has weekly updated podcasts. Very convenient to learn Chinese while on-the-go (This link connects you to the iTunes store)
- Mandarin Tools: Tools to assist people in learning and using the Chinese language.
- Quizlet: Pre-made flashcards that help practice the pronunciation of characters (covers the lessons included in the textbook “Integrated Chinese”)
- Slow Chinese: Chinese cultural podcasts spoken slowly.
- Yep! Chinese: A compilation of short lessons ranging a broad range of ability levels about every day events.
- Sing Chinese Songs: For entertainment purposes – for artsy students especially! Lyrics are shown in karaoke style with both Chinese characters and Pinyin.
- Dig Chinese: A course resource containing proverbs, images of characters, and more.
- Popup Chinese: Browse podcast, video, and story archives. Requires a free account set up.
- NCIKU Dictionary: Handwriting Recognition, Vocab Lists - Words automatically saved for you in your page or take them with you by turning them into mp3 files to download, Memorization Tests ; Pinyin with Sound - See and hear pronunciation for all examples and conversations; Conversations - Study, edit and save real-life phrases.
- Perapera Language Tools: The website has great advices on learning Chinese, Japanese and Korean. It is also a pop-up dictionary and study tool in the manner of extensions for Firefox and Chrome browsers.
- Pleco: A mobile app that allows one to look up words offline.
- Pinyin: A website dedicated to helping you write Chinese characters.