- A Hundred and One Rules! A reference grammar for novice and intermediate Arabic students created by Professor Mohammed Jiyad of Mount Holyoke College
- Acon: Free verb conjugator
- Al Masdar: It is a searchable database for all things Arabic. You can also upload and share your own resources!
- Arabic Study Circle: Online lessons for Arabic language learning.
- Falooka: Free and premium grammar lessons, podcasts, and interactive dialogues
- Fun with Arabic: This site includes an alphabet lesson with a catchy song, some grammar lessons, an online quiz and many external links.
- Learn Arabic Online: This website contains a large and ever-growing repository of tutorials on the Arabic language. Here you can learn to read Arabic, write Arabic, learn Arabic numbers, learn to conjugate Arabic verbs, delve into Arabic grammar, and much more.
- Speak7: Includes the Arabic alphabet and basic grammar lessons
- Ya Beyrouth: Articles about Arabic, poetic wonders, lists of common errors, and more (for advanced classes)
Vocabulary & Flashcards:
- Al-Jazeera Learning Arabic: This is an Arabic language learning tool launched by Qatar-based news outlet Al-Jazeera.
- Anki: Interactive flashcard program. Use with text, audio, video, or images. Can keep track of how well you’re remembering different cards. Create multiple decks of flashcards.
- Arabic Class: vocabulary lists with pictures
- Arabic Webcasts: Practice your listening skills with webcasts and their scripts.
- Aswaat Arabiya: Aswaat cArabiyya provides listening materials and accompanying activities that are intended for the various levels of proficiency from Novice to Superior. These listening materials have been selected from television stations throughout the Arab world and they treat a wide variety of topics and listening genres.
- Busuu: Vocabulary, listening, and reading exercises. Ability to practice with native speakers/other learners. Goal-setting, printable PDFs, rewards. Very correct pronunciation (including all the case endings).
- Digital Dialects: Interactive games to learn basic vocabulary
- Doha Film Institute: Videos for Learning Arabic.
- Hello-World: More than 600 FREE Arabic games and activities.
- Jordanian Arabic: Lists of basic items with audios.
- Language Courses: Comparative courses between (Eastern and Western Arabic) and (Levantine and Egyptian Arabic)
- Lingnet: A collection of over 300 causal phone conversations in non-standard dialects on a variety of topics and at different difficulty levels; features Egyptian, Iraqi and Levantine conversations as well as corresponding lesson plans
- Lingua.ly: It is a vocabulary tool that helps users learn words while browsing the web. Double-click on a word once this Chrome extension is installed, and Lingua.ly both translates words and begins compiling a word collection.
- Mastering Arabic: On this site you’ll find a range of learning support materials, including audio flashcards, PowerPoint presentations and printable exercise sheets.
- Memorama: Memory games to learn vocabulary in Arabic.
- Memrise: It is an online learning tool with courses for many languages created by its community. Memrise uses flashcards augmented with mnemonics—partly gathered through crowdsourcing—and the spacing effect to boost the speed and ease of learning.
- Omniglot: Details of written and spoken Arabic, including the Arabic alphabet and pronunciation
- Oxford First Arabic Words book: Interactive site for the Oxford First Arabic Words book. Hear words pronounced as you put cursor over writing next to picture – good for reading practice and learning new everyday vocabulary
- Read Arabic: The materials in this website were developed to provide online e-learning reading lessons aimed at beginning and intermediate students of the language.
- The Arabic Student: Collection of Arabic media collected by an American student of Arabic to help intermediate to advanced students with mainly dialects
- Adab: Online collection of thousands of Arabic poems, available in both Arabic and English.
- Children’s Library (Arabic): A selection of children’s literature in Arabic available online for free.
- Hans Wehr’s Disciples: A collection of readings/translations, and related vocabulary, grammar and translation insights, from calligrapher/linguist Josh Berer covering all levels of difficulty and different genres.
- Nizariat: A collection of poetry and prose from Syrian poet Nizar Qabbani, as well as information on Qabbani himself.
- Princeton Online Poetry Project: Small collection of translated Arabic poems with the option of listening to poems read by a native speaker.
- Read Arabic!: Modern Standard Arabic reading materials developed by the US Department of Education; reading lessons aimed at beginner and intermediate students.
- Cambridge English-Arabic Dictionary: Examples show how words work in typical contexts.
- Hans Wehr: A searchable, online version of the only dictionary serious students of the Arabic language need; you can search by typing in roots.
- Lexilogos: Dictionary finder! Type in a word and you will be directed to the appropriate dictionary.
- Lisaan Masry: A searchable (in both Arabic and English) dictionary of Egyptian Arabic.
- Arabic Culture through Literature and Film: you can find five unit high school curriculum that provides students with knowledge and tools to analyze and understand the Arab world. The materials utilize a student-centered pedagogical approach that promotes critical thinking and respect and encourages engaged global citizenship.
- Arabic Multimedia collection: It is an online resource with interactive learning and playing applications to further educators’ and students’ understanding and appreciation of the Arabic language, arts, culture, music and history.
- Arabic Without Walls: Arabic Without Walls contains materials for three separate components broken down under the Course Content into Al-Kitaab, Interviews, and Culture. While each component may stand by itself and therefore may be studied independently, the three are designed to complement each other in Arabic Without Walls
- Friends of Morocco: Lessons in Moroccan Arabic
- LangMedia: Collection of videos (can be used in elementary and intermediate courses)
- Legends & Folktales: a great website for folklore & legends from around the world - some pieces are in Arabic (subtitled!) and in English as well.
- Music Layoonak: The largest Arabic music blog, with over 800 songs from over 175 artists from all over the Arabic-speaking world in translation.
- West Michigan University: Texts and Audios to learn Arabic based on Arabic culture.
- BBC News: Up to date news in Arabic.
- NCLRC: News in MSA with exercises on written and audio texts. (Note: now news were added since September 2010)
- Online Newspapers: Online newspapers from different Arab countries.
- Speak7: Includes the Arabic alphabet and basic grammar lessons.
- Tunein: Listen to radio stations in Arabic-speaking countries (or anywhere in the world.) Don’t use with Safari browser.
- Ya Beyrouth: Articles about Arabic, poetic wonders, lists of common errors, and more (for advanced classes).
- Online Arabic Keyboard: Typing device with Arabic keyboard
- Egyptian Arabic Dialect Course: An online course designed to teach learners of Arabic and introduce them to Egyptian Arabic using examples and vocabulary from the lyrics of songs