Built in 1959, expanded in 1980, and renovated in 1999-2000, this is the main campus library. Features include the Munn Writing Center (aka The WORD Studio), the "treehouse" study areas, two public computer labs, and a 24-hour study room.
Launders Science Library (opened in 1994) provides a home to the science and technology collections at St. Lawrence. The Science Library occupies the upper two floors of Madill Hall. Highlights of this space include many attractive group studies, a seminar room for library and general classroom instruction, a digitization center, a map room and a geographic information systems (GIS) lab.
The Elberty Laboratory for Spatial Analysis is the principal location for GIS and GPS instruction. Located on the top floor of Launders Science Library, the Lab hours are the same as those of the Science Library. The Elberty Lab for Spatial Analysis is dedicated in memory of William T. Elberty Jr., Professor Emeritus of Geology and Geography. More information about Bill Elberty and GIS at SLU can be found here.
The Spatial Analysis Lab currently houses:
Special Collections is the place in the general library where we keep any items that are scarce, fragile, or valuable. Additionally we have a number of subject collections. Any type of library material that meets the above criteria can be found in special collections, such as printed books, journals, newspapers, maps, atlases, photographs, reports, diaries, correspondence, etc.
Rare Book Collections
The mission of the Saint Lawrence University Music Library is to support the educational, research, and performance needs of the music department as well as the liberal arts curriculum of the entire college community.
Located inside the Arts Annex (music and performing arts theme house), 21 Romoda Drive