- 7 units Combined Major Core
- 3 units A. At least three writing courses, two of which are in the sequence:
201. and 309. journalism
241. and 310. fiction
242. and 311. poetry
243. and 308. creative nonfiction
243. and 309. nonfiction/journalism
244. and 306. screenwriting
A relevant special topics course in writing or independent study in writing may count as one course. The following may also count as writing courses:
202. Creative Expressions (Adirondack semester)
282. Going Locavore
293. A Literary Harvest
295. Nature and Environmental Writing
The following may also count as sequences:
243 and 295
202 and 295
243 and 293 or 282
- 4 units At least four literature courses, which must include:
1. At least one of the following 200-level survey courses:
226. Survey of English Literature.
237. Survey of American Literature.
239. Introduction to Canadian Literature.
263. Native American Fiction.
2. ENG 250
3. At least one of the following 300-level literature courses:
328. English Romanticism.
331. American Romanticism: 1830-1860.
Or a relevant special topics seminar or independent study in literature.
4. At least one dual-listed English/environmental studies course:
346. American Literature and the Environment.
352. Contemporary Literature and the Environment.
4006. Georgic and Pastoral Literature.
14 units Total
Note: Courses that are dual-listed should be taken under the course number for English. These
electives count toward the English portion of the combined major.