All CSTEP members are eligible to apply for the CSTEP Summer Research program. Program participants are required to complete the following:
- 8 week summer research internship under a faculty mentor
- Attend Community of Graduate Scholars (COGS) seminars twice per week
- Submit research logs once per week
- Attend meeting with CSTEP staff once per week
- Complete written assignments and projects by program due date
- Participate in a community service activity once per week
- Present research at local New York state conference
- Attend team building events
- A competitive stipend
- Room & board
- Free seminars focused on graduate school preparation & professional development. Past topics have included writing a personal statement, effective poster design, mock graduate interviews, writing a CV, oral presentations & public speaking.
- GRE preparation
- Graduate school planning
First draft of Research Proposals for Summer 2018 are due Friday, February 9.