PLEASE NOTE: To meet federal guidelines, we have changed the process for requesting continuation of IRB approval of your project. Please be sure to comply with the new requirements discussed below and on the form. If you have any questions or concerns, contact the IRB chair, Dr. Cathy Crosby, at email@example.com or (315) 229-5167.
Important Information for Requesting Continuation of IRB Approval:
- All projects approved by the IRB must be reviewed no less than once a year. The letter from the IRB approving your project will specify a date by which you must request continuation of your approval.
- Requests for continuation of approval are reviewed by the full IRB committee in a scheduled meeting. In this first year of the new policy (2016-17), we will consider requests for continuation at the next scheduled meeting after a request is received. Beginning in the fall of 2017, we will consider requests for continuation at our first IRB meeting of each semester.
- Researchers requesting continuation of approval must complete the CITI Program training prior to submitting their request. Click here for more information on the CITI training.
- The IRB will grant requests for continuation of approval only twice. After two continuations, the researcher must submit a new IRB proposal, which will be reviewed by the full committee.
- You will be required to login with your SLU network credentials before you can complete the form.