Students who wish to receive credit for courses taken at other institutions after their matriculation at St. Lawrence University must do the following PRIOR TO enrolling in host institution course(s):
- Choose your proposed transfer courses.
- Visit the Registrar’s Office and obtain a transfer credit approval form.
- Fill out all necessary information: student name, id, proposed course(s), university/college chosen and term of attendance.
- Take the completed approval form to the department chairperson relevant to each course. It is recommended to provide a course description or syllabus to the chairperson. Each chair will:
- Provide the specific course prefix and number for all courses to be used as St. Lawrence equivalent credit.
- Note whether the course fulfills a major/minor requirement or general elective.
- Sign the form.
- Return the completed transfer credit approval form to the Registrar’s Office.
- Upon course completion, request an official transcript to be sent to the St. Lawrence University Registrar’s Office.
Remember, it is the STUDENT’S responsibility to ensure steps 1 - 4 are completed prior to enrolling in their proposed courses. Verbal approval by a department chair is not enough…only the transfer credit approval form ensures that the proposed course(s) will transfer back to St. Lawrence. Courses taken without prior written approval may be denied transfer. Transfer credit approval is subject to university catalog policies regarding "credit from other sources."