Major/Minor Declaration

Students must declare a major in the spring of their sophomore year or file with the associate dean for academic advising a petition to postpone major declaration.  Major/minor declaration forms must be submitted to the academic advising office in the Whitman Annex. Forms are available in the academic advising office, registrar's office (Vilas 117) and online.

Subsequent major and minor declarations or changes may be submitted through the middle of the final senior year semester.  Note that, per the university catalog, "a student who has declared a double or combined major may elect only one minor field."

Further information on major/minor declaration may be found Academic Advising Programs website.