Dr. Mert Kartal earned his Ph.D. in political science from the University of Wisconsin-Madison in 2014 and served as an assistant professor at the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point for five years. In 2019, he was a guest researcher at the University of Gothenburg’s Quality of Government Institute. Dr. Kartal’s research focuses on international organizations and good governance. As assistant professor of government at St. Lawrence, he teaches a number of courses on international relations as well as a research seminar on political corruption.
- Dr. Kartal's research focuses on international organizations, conditionality, the European Union, good governance, and corruption. His work has appeared in Comparative European Politics, the Journal of European Integration, the Journal of European Public Policy, and the Journal of Political Science Education.
Regularly Taught Courses:
- Govt 108: Introduction to International Relations
- Govt 293: Research Seminar in International Relations
- Govt 363: International Organization and Global Governance
- Govt 4083: Politics of the European Union
- Fall 2020: Friday (11AM-12:30PM)