The Adirondack Council has an entry level position open. The job is based at the Elizabethtown office of the organization. Here’s the full description—perfect for a recent graduate looking to work in the environment and policy world…
Marketing and Fund Development Assistant
Supervisor: Deputy Director
Revised: May 2016
Organizational Purpose/Mission Statement: Based in Elizabethtown, NY (30 miles northeast of Lake Placid), the mission of the Adirondack Council is to ensure the ecological integrity and wild character of New York’s six-million-acre Adirondack Park for current and future generations. We envision an Adirondack Park with clean water and air and large wilderness areas, surrounded by working farms and forests and vibrant local communities. To protect the Adirondacks, the Council uses the best science, the law, and an understanding of political decision making, to educate, inform and motivate the public and those who make public policy. www.adirondackcouncil.org
Summary of Position: Full-time, temporary (two years) with benefits.
The Marketing and Fund Development Assistant will help the Council reach two strategic goals: 1) increase and diversify the constituency for the Council to 50,000 actively engaged people (members and active social media followers), and 2) raise an additional $250,000 over the next two years to meet a generous match challenge.
The Assistant will 1) help the Council develop, manage, and implement marketing and social media strategies that will result in constituency growth, expanded visibility, and increased charitable giving and 2) be a key member of the Fund Development team sharing responsibility for the development of materials, record keeping, donor mailings, and program reports.
Qualifications: Candidates should have 3+ years of experience in marketing, communications, and digital media programs and have demonstrated knowledge and experience using Adobe Creative Suite, e-mail and advocacy software, and Microsoft Office. Knowledge of DonorPerfect database a plus. Creativity, an entrepreneurial spirit, excellent writing skills, a sense of humor, attention to detail, and a passion for the Adirondack Park are critical characteristics for the Marketing and Fund Development Assistant.
Scope of work:
- Provide management, new ideas and content for social media activities currently in place.
- Work with staff to evaluate and improve the Council’s traditional marketing strategy and elements including print advertising, online advertising, public radio underwriting, and public relations.
- Develop and manage a new social media strategy that is integrated with traditional marketing program elements, media communications and member/donor communications.
- Collaborate and support staff members to design and implement the Council’s online communications program including the Council’s website and social media.
- Collaborate with staff to design and implement advertising program.
- Assist with record keeping of donor cultivation, solicitation and stewardship.
- Assist in the development, writing, and design of personalized donor communications including funding appeals and program updates.
- Assist with mailings for Annual Fund requests and donor updates.
- Assist with donor reports for the fund development program.
- Assist with donor events.
- Assist with membership gift processing.
To apply: Email cover letter and resume to Diane Fish by June 24, 2016 email@example.com