Experiential Learning Opportunities
Students in the Program participate in a variety of skills-based workshops. Topics include:
- Professional development; assessing personal strengths, developing a resume and cover letter, and networking with environmental professionals
- Food systems; starting seedlings, storing and preserving food, producing maple syrup & designing permaculture systems
- Energy; installing solar PV, building a solar hot water heater & conducting home energy audits
- Homesteading; learning basic carpentry & fiber arts, making cheese & practicing animal husbandry
- Interact with local community members during field trips and seminars at various organizations, homesteads & farms.
Potential Extended Field Trips:
Students may have the opportunity to attend the NOFA-NY Winter Conference in Saratoga Springs, NY, as well as field trips to locations in the Adirondacks and Champlain Valley that are part of the program's course offerings.