External scholarships

Benjamin A. Gilman scholarship

The Gilman Scholarship Program is open to undergraduate students who are U.S. citizens receiving Federal Pell Grant funding at a two-year or four-year college or university. Students may apply for scholarships toward credit-bearing programs in the fall semester, spring semester, academic year, or summer programs longer than 3 weeks in duration.

The Fund for Education Abroad

The Fund for Education Abroad (FEA) is committed to expanding access to study abroad for historically underrepresented students. They offer a wide range of scholarships to students from diverse backgrounds, particularly minority and first-generation students, who are participating on credit-bearing programs longer than 4 weeks in duration.

Freeman-ASIA: Awards for Study in Asia

The Institute of International Education of the U.S. Department of State oversees students to participate in a credit-awarding study abroad program in Asia. Applicants must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents enrolled in an undergraduate degree-granting program with demonstrated financial need and have little or no experience in the target Asian region. Participants must complete a service project sharing their experiences upon their return.