HERI Faculty Survey
Survey Date: Winter of 1998/99, 2001/02, 2003/04, 2007/08, Spring 2011, Spring 2014, Spring 2017, Spring 2020
Population Surveyed: Faculty
Instrument Type: National - Higher Education Research Institute, University of California, Los Angeles
The Faculty survey is conducted by HERI on a tri-annual cylce; the first administration began in 1989-90.
For more information about the HERI Faculty survey, visit the HERI website.
In several years, our SLU Faculty Council also developed a set of supplemental questions which were added to the survey instrument.
The links (restricted access where indicated with key) provide a brief overview of findings from our survey administration, a longitudinal data summary, and the original survey items.
The data summary has been broken out thematically into 8 sections. Please use the bookmarks tab on the left to move between sections:
- Workload, Compensation, Job Satisfaction
- Tenure, Promotion, Recognition
- Campus Climate
- Scholarship, Pedagogy
- Mission and Educational Goals
- Opinions, Personal Goals
- Information Technology
Use the Bookmarks feature in Adobe as a shortcut to these sections.
For More Information
- Survey Instrument
- About Confidentiality and Privacy
- HERI Faculty Survey 2017 PPT (login required)
- HERI Faculty Survey 2017 - THEMES Summary (login required)
- HERI Faculty Survey 2017 - CONSTRUCTS Summary (login required)