Spiritual and Religious Life
Members of the Spiritual and Religious Life Committee
- Marcia Bradley (Senior Secretary - Chaplain's Office) 229-5630
- Timothy Corbitt (Director - Health and Counseling Serevices) 229-5032
- Robin Durocher (Director - Fitness Center) 229-5415
- Kimberly Flint-Hamilton (Associate Dean - Diversity and Inclusion) 229-1881
- Randy Hill (Associate Professor - Performance and Communication Arts) 229-5178
- Mark MacWilliams (Professor - Religious Studies) 229-5128
- Aileen O'Donoghue ( Professor - Physics) 229-5470
- Barlin Waldo (Student - Class of 2023)
- Rev. Shaun Whitehead (University Chaplain) 229-5062
Spiritual and Religious Life Committee Charge
The Committee shall make recommendations respecting aspects of University policy that touch on the spiritual lives of people in the community. The Committee shall also seek to promote understanding of religious, ethical, and spiritual matters by organizing forums and lectures and sponsoring interfaith services. The Committee shall also organize the Harold H. Niles Lecture.
Membership consists of the University Chaplain and at least three faculty, students, and administrators or staff.
The Harold N. Niles Memorial Fund was established in 1971 by family and friends of Dr. Harold Niles, class of 1915, retired Universalist minister and former University chaplain. Niles was also pastor of All Souls Universalist Church in Watertown, New York for several years. This fund was originally awarded at Moving-Up Day to a member of the University community, preferably a student, who has done the most to advance the religious life of the University. It was changed in 1999 to sponsor an annual campus forum on religion and science.
Please click here to see a list of the Niles Lectures.