St. Lawrence Honors Faculty & Staff Retirees, Anniversaries
St. Lawrence University recognized faculty and staff retirements and celebrated employee anniversaries at a ceremony held on Wednesday, April 24, in Eben Holden.
President William L. Fox ’75 recognized those retiring and employees celebrating 25 years of service.
- Michael P. Farley, Birdsong Associate Professor in the Arts, Music
Farley joined St. Lawrence University as an assistant professor in 1990 and refers to himself as a “music-human.” He is a composer and a teacher whose courses included Composition, Music and Society in New Orleans and a First-Year Seminar, Music and Place. Much of his creative work and research explores relationships between place and musical sound. Farley received his undergraduate degree in music education from the University of Central Missouri and went on to complete a master’s and Ph.D. in composition and theory at The University of Iowa.
Administrative and Staff Retirements:
- Gerald A. Deno, Facilities Operations
- Beverly J. Gauthier, Admissions
- Ellen J. Rocco, NCPR/WSLU
- Jacqueline Sauter, NCPR/WSLU
- Martha Foley Smith, NCPR/WSLU
- Joseph A. Tolliver, Student Life
Employees Celebrating 25 years of Service:
- Erin A. Basford, Education
- Maegan K. Bos, Mathematics, Computer Science & Statistics
- Derek J. Ober, Facilities Operations
- Steve L. Richards, Dining & Conference Services
- Philip R. Royce, Outdoor Program
- Angela L. Stiles, Higher Education Opportunities Programs