History Prof. Widely Quoted by International Media
Howard Eissenstat, associate professor of history and Turkish affairs expert, was recently quoted in several international media outlets regarding Turkish relations with Russia and the United States.
- Al-Monitor: Turkey Remains Determined to Keep Russian Missiles
- Deutsche Welle: Tough love and showmanship: US-Turkey tensions soar ahead of Erdogan-Trump meeting
- Ahval News: Trump Oval Office meeting heads off Senate Armenian genocide bill
- Veja: Erdogan Mostra Sua Forca em Washington (account required)
- Schwäbische Politics: Erdogan visits Trump: why Turkey and the US are on divorce course
National and international media often turn to Eissenstat on issues regarding Turkey. He also currently serves as a nonresident senior nonresident fellow with the Project on Middle East Democracy think tank, or POMED.