American Shakespeare Center to Perform Several Works
The American Shakespeare Center will bring its “Method in Madness” tour to St. Lawrence University for performances of Hamlet, Doctor Faustus by Christopher Marlowe, and Much Ado about Nothing.
Tickets are $5 and are on sale in the Brewer Bookstore and Sullivan Student Center. Any available tickets will also be available at the door on the night of the performance. All performances will take place in Eben Holden. The schedule is as follows:
- Thursday, Oct. 2, at 7:30 p.m. – Doctor Faustus
- Friday, Oct. 3, at 7:30 p.m. – Hamlet
- Friday, Oct. 3 at midnight – Much Ado about Nothing (free to SLU students with ID)
- Saturday, Oct. 4, at 7:30 p.m. – Much Ado about Nothing
- Sunday, Oct. 5 at 1:30 p.m. – Hamlet
The American Shakespeare Center was founded on the idea that reproducing the staging conditions for which Shakespeare wrote can help modern audiences recover the essential vitality of his drama. From the start, the aim of the American Shakespeare Center has been not only to entertain but also to educate, to entertain and educate as many people as possible.
For more information, contact the Department of English at 315-229-5125.