Join the Journey West
Journey West will be here at the end of the month, and they could use a hand or two.
They will perform on Sunday, October 30th, at 2pm in Peterson-Kermani Performance Hall. Prior to that, they invite instrumentalists to come to several workshops, and welcome workshop participants to join them for several pieces on the concert.
Here is the schedule for Saturday, October 29th:
- 10am-12pm: Eastern European music workshops hosted by Max Buckholtz (strings), Mark Karlsen (winds & brass), and Dara Anissi and Chad Lieberman (guitar, accordion, & keyboard)
- 10am-12pm: Middle Eastern percussion workshop hosted by Nikolai Ruskin (several doumbeks will be available for use)
- 1-2pm: Combined rehearsal of Eastern European music
- 2:15-3:15pm: Celtic music workshops (flute, whistle, fiddle, bodhrán, guitar, accordion, keyboard)
- 3:30-4:15pm: String rehearsal of "Wails for Whales," a piece written by the group's director Max Buckholtz
- 5-5:45pm: Lecture/demonstration of Jewish Moldavian and Roma music
On Sunday, October 30th, workshop participants will rehearse beginning at 10am, leading up to the concert at 2pm, with a break for lunch.
Lunch will be provided both days.
All events meet in Peterson-Kermani Performance Hall in Griffiths Arts Center. And, as always, they are free and open to the public.