Requirements for the Italian Studies Minor: *Starting Fall 2021
The minor consists of six courses:
- Four language courses, of which two must be taken on campus.
- Two English courses: at least one from the Department of World Languages, Cultures, and Media and one English course related to the minor from the approved list given below.
Special topics related to Italian history and culture taught in other disciplines count toward the minor.
If Italian is also part of a multi-language major, students are required to take two additional classes for the minor in Italian Studies.
- All classes taken in any of the approved St. Lawrence programs abroad in Italy will count towards the minor.
- Italian 101, 102 - Elementary Italian I & II
- Italian 103, 104 - Intermediate Italian I & II
- AAH 116 Survey of Art I
- AAH 117: Survey of Art History II
- AAH 202: Art of the Italian Renaissance
- AAH 204: Baroque and Rococo Art
- AAH 4401: Baroque and Modern Architecture
- MUS 234: Music in Venice
- PCA 312: The Public Sphere of Renaissance Venice
- REL 102: Religion and Science
- REL 206: Introduction to The New Testament
- REL 227: Religion in Ancient Greece and Rome