- Log in to Sakai (https://sakai.stlawu.edu/portal/) using your SLU user name and password
- Click on “Membership” then on “Joinable Sites”
- You will find a list of sites, look for a “Foreign Languages Placement" Exam and join it.
- Once you are in the Assessment Sakai site, read the instructions displayed on the home page.
- Click on “Tests &Quizzes”, you will find two exams: French & Spanish; click on the exam that you are planning on taking. You will be directed to a page where you can see the scale used to place students in the correct level (this scale will not be available at the end of the exam but it is available on the “home” page.)
- Once you pick the exam, you want to take, click “Begin Assessment”. The placement exam will begin and you will see the question and multiple answers
Notes: If you click on “Save” it will save your answers and you can complete the exam later.
If you click on “Exit”, you will exit the exam and your answers will not be recorded
Once you finish the exam click on “Submit for grading”, you will be asked to confirm, click again on “Submit for Grading”, then click on “Continue”
If you are having problems accessing the exams, please email Gisele El Khoury (firstname.lastname@example.org)