Remote access is only one user at a time, and incoming users can kick current users off the Terminal: if User A logs in while the Terminal is being used by User B, User A will see a warning that s/he is logging into a Terminal that is currently being used. User A will have the option to kick User B off or try again later. If you have been kicked off the Terminal, this means a new user has logged in.
If / once you have a Bloomberg Terminal account:
- Go to https://bba.bloomberg.net/.
- Enter your Bloomberg Terminal username and password.
- Verify identity: a code will be sent to the enrolled student email or mobile device. If this contact information is not already on file with Bloomberg, contact customer support: https://www.bloomberg.com/professional/support/support-numbers/
*If you have a Bloomberg Terminal account and receive login failednotices, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and ask for assistance with your account.
If you do not have a Bloomberg Terminal account:
- Go to the BMC web portal at https://portal.bloombergforeducation.com/.
- Click "Sign Up."
- Click “Sign Up as Learner” and follow the instructions. Use only your @stlawu.edu email address; do not use an email address not affiliated with SLU.
- Once you have signed up, there should be a “Terminal Access” tab at the top of the dashboard--click it and follow the instructions. Be sure to enter your stlawu.edu email account.
- Verify identity. Bloomberg will call (or email) you to confirm your information.
- Then, follow the directions in the email you receive from Bloomberg.