1. Supervise the Science Library during afternoon, evening and weekend shifts when a Building Supervisor has not been assigned to the facility.
2. Open and/or close the Science Library (this includes entrances/doors, windows, lights, and computer stations);
3. Check public workstations and terminals on a regular basis – restocking with supplies, and notifying appropriate personnel of any problems with the equipment, etc.;
4. Familiar with the emergency procedures for the Science Library including evacuating the facility;
5. Assist library patrons in locating materials within the library, if necessary pointing them to reference sources and/or databases, and directs library users’ questions to the appropriate library staff;
6. Maintain photocopier, microfilm, and printers;
7. Service the Circulation Desk; check books, reserves and green bikes in and out at the Circulation Desk; answers telephones;
8. Understand the set-up of the various library systems, including how to use the libraries’ catalog effectively;
9. Make photocopies for library staff when requested;
10. Reports issues and concerns to the Science Library Assistant or to the Science Librarian.
Skill required 10
Level of effort 9
Stress/Working Conditions 8