The Information Security Committee is responsible for the implementation and compliance of the
security related to that information as identified in the Information Security Policy.
The Committee is expected to perform the following in order to meet its responsibilities:
- Coordinate the design and implementation of the Information Security Program with the Information Security Officer.
- Coordinate and sponsor interdepartmental projects related to the implementation of Information Security at the University.
- Document and communicate the status of the Information Security Program to the President and Senior Staff.
- Review existing Information Security Policies, Standards, and Processes & Procedures to ensure that they meet regulatory requirements and current standards.
- Approve changes to Information Security Standards and Processes & Procedures in order to comply with the University's Policy.
- Document and provide reporting to various regulatory agencies to identify compliance.
- Sponsor and champion changes or updates to the Information Security Policy through the University's approved processes.
- Review and approve exceptions to Information Security Policies, Standards, and Processes & Procedures
- Ensure compliance with Information Security Policies, Standards, and Processes & Procedures in their organizational hierarchy.
- Ensure regulatory and university required training is completed for their organizational hierarchy.
Committee Members are assigned by Senior Staff and represent the primary owners and stakeholders of risk‐based Information at the University. Initial members have been identified as the following:
- Pat Farmer, Executive Director of Financial Aid (Representing: Admissions, Financial Aid)
- Colleen Manley, Director of Human Resources (Representing: Human Resources)
- Mark Mende, Director of Digital Communications (Representing: Communications)
- Eric Shinnick, Executive Director of Finance (Representing: Finance, Business Office, Purchasing, Bookstore, Contracted Services, Risk, Student Financial Services)
- Brent Hesseltine, Director of IT Infrastructure (Representing: Information Technology, Library)
- Pat Gagnon, Assistant Vice President for Safety & Security and Emergency Management (Representing: Campus Safety and Security, Dining Services, Health, Residence Life)
- Rich Gerber, Executive Director of Advancement Operations (Representing: Giving, Donor Relations, Gifts)
- Lorie MacKensie, Associate Dean for Academic Administration & University Registrar (Representing: Registrar, Faculty/Academic Departments/Academic Support)
- Franco Bari, Assistant Athletic Director (Representing: Athletics)
- Dan SeamanChief Facilities Officer (Representing: Facilities)
- Bill Haenel, NCPR Director of Digital Services (Representing: NCPR/WSLU)
- Steve Barnard, Faculty Member (Representing: Faculty)
Eric Schnnick (Finance) will act as the committee chair. Sean Cunningham (Information Technology) will serve as the Vice‐Chair.
The committee will meet at least every semester (3 times a year) to review the state of compliance and for high‐level planning purposes.
Ad hoc meetings will need to be scheduled to review risk and decide upon any exceptions to policies or standards.