HEOP Pre First-Year Summer Dates:
Arrival: Sunday, June 30, 2019 (by mid-afternoon, 3pm at the latest*)
Departure: Wednesday, July 31, 2019 (in the early am*)
You can leave on July 30 , 2019 (after the banquet, which ends at 7pm).
*Travel times vary with each student, please let Erin know your travel arrangements to set arrival/depart time by June 20.
**If you graduate on June 30, you must let Erin know ASAP and she will explain to you the arrival information.
Classes start on Monday, July 1.
Here are the transportation options:
Transportation to Canton, NY for the HEOP summer session is not provided or paid for by HEOP at St. Lawrence University.
However, if you take a bus from NYC to Canton, NY we will work with you to coordinate which bus to take.
If you are having difficulty figuring out transportation and or are unsure where to even begin please speak to Erin or Bill and they will guide you.
We know this is all new and it can be scary to try to figure it out all on your own.
- We advise you not to purchase your tickets until you speak to Erin.
- HEOP will assist with transportation from Syracuse on Sunday, June 30, the day you arrive.
- Directions on the SLU website or they will be sent to you by Erin. Address to use for a GPS is 23 Romoda Drive, Canton, NY 13617
- Traveling by car from NYC/Long Island: travel time is between 7-8 hours
- Traveling by car from Syracuse: travel time is between 2-2hr30min
- Traveling by car from Albany: travel time is about 4 hours (if going through Adirondack Mountains)
- Traveling by car from Rochester: travel time is about 3-3hr30min
Travel and Regional Information: https://www.stlawu.edu/travel-and-regional-information
- Flights are the are the most difficult to coordinate, but if you do decide to come by flight, you must speak to Erin PRIOR to purchasing the tickets. Travel from airports to Canton, NY is not very easy and you would have to coordinate around the Trailways bus schedule, as there are no taxis, Uber or Lyfts.
Erin M. Colvin
Assistant Director, HEOP
Coordinator, HEOP Pre-First Year Summer Session
315-229-5580 or 315-229-5636
Pre-First Year Summer 2019
Border Travel Information:
Canton, NY is located 20 miles from the US-Canadian border and is within the 100 mile zone in which US Customs and Border Protection, Department of Homeland Security, can set up road blocks and question people on buses or trains or at any transportation system. We strongly recommend that non-US citizens who do not have permanent resident status and who plan to travel to or visit St. Lawrence have with them at all times their passport, visa, and other immigration paperwork.
Please visit this website to learn about the required documentation necessary to enter the United States from Canada.