St. Lawrence is a proud member of New York State REV Campus Challenge. As members, we are committed to advancing clean energy initiatives, projects, and principles on campus, in the classroom, and in surrounding communities.
Examples of the University's support for clean energy initiatives include:
- The Climate Action Plan which outlines efforts to achieve carbon neutrality including switching to renewable, non-fossil fuel energy.
- A comprehensive campus wide energy master plan
- Geothermal Energy provides heating and cooling to Kirk Douglas Hall
- 1.5 Million kWh/year of hydroelectric power from the Kings Falls Hydro Facility in Lewis County, NY
- 3 Million kWh/year of solar power from the Watertown Solar Facility in Jefferson County, NY