There are three “focus areas” of the Laurentians Give Committee: Recruitment, Solicitation, and Stewardship. Each area represents a variety of roles to help engage alumni and support the St. Lawrence Fund. Volunteers are asked to join two focus areas at their choosing to maximize the impact of their time and efforts.
Personal contacts are made in the fall and spring to alumni of each committee member's choosing. It's a great way to continue your support of your alma mater, connect with fellow alumni, and stay updated on the University at the same time!
If you'd like to join the committee, please contact Beth Dixon, Associate Director of Annual Giving, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (315) 229-5077.
Laurentians Give Committee Co-Chairs
Adam Casler ‘06
Anne Ferris Cassidy ’74
Carol Lancaster ’71
Laurentians Give Committee Members
Norm Abbott '65
Brian Abernethy ’12
Jane Appleby ’71
Gretchen Bates ’84, P’20
Nancy Beals ’78
Roger Brandt '80, P'09
Helen "Aitchie" Ellison '45, P'77, '79, '82
Don Jenkins ’74 P’11, P’14
Jackie Kuno ’84 P’12, P’15, P’17
Amy Mellencamp ’76
Dan Posener '82
Holly Sethness ’79
Rick Stone '79, P'11
Alex Kirby Taylor ’89
Beth Wycoff ’85
The specific duties of each committee member are:
- To make a gift during the fiscal year (payable by June 30). Leadership by example is critically important to the success of the Committee.
- To sign up for two of the three focus areas (Recruitment, Solicitation, and Stewardship).
- Recruitment- Identify potential future volunteers for a variety of areas within St. Lawrence.
- Solicitation- Encourage and secure gifts, by telephone or personally, from donors on behalf of the St. Lawrence Fund.
- Stewardship- Thank our donors through personalized letters and phone calls as well as encouraging attendance at regional St. Lawrence network events.