Events, Spring 2016
- "Elephant Ballet, The Swan Song of Edward Gorey,” lecture by James A. Edwards, exhibition curator; the February 8 lecture has been rescheduled for Monday, February 15, at 7:00 p.m., in Griffiths 123
- Rough cut screening (ongoing), “The Last Days of Edward Gorey,” documentary film by Christopher Seufert
- Friday, March 4, 2016 from 1:00 to 5:00 p.m., Newell Center for Arts Technology (Noble Center 108)
In conjunction with International Women’s Day, St. Lawrence University will be one of 125 locations around the globe to host a 2016 Art+Feminism Wikipedia Edit-a-thon. Last year, over 1,500 participants at more than 75 events created nearly 400 new pages and made significant improvements to 500 articles on Wikipedia. Since the group’s founding in 2014, edit-a-thon focus areas include female artists, works of art by women, social reformers, activists, and feminists. The SLU edit-a-thon also encourages contributions about women across the arts in music, theater performance, and elsewhere. more
- Discussion with Evelyn Jennings and students, Monday, March 7, at 7:00 p.m, in Griffiths 123, with reception to follow
- Gallery discussion Susan Willson and students, Monday, March 14, at 4:30 p.m., with reception to follow,
Poetry for Peace
Readings, with one exception, are held on Mondays at 4:30.
- Monday, January 25, Gallery
- Monday, February 22, Gallery
- Wednesday, March 30, Carnegie 10, to celebrate World Language Week
- Monday, April 11, Gallery
- Monday, May 2, Gallery
Please come to read a poem you've written, a poem by a favorite poet, or just to listen to poems on a different theme. And bring your friends! You are welcome to read poems in languages other than English, but you should provide an English translation as well. Because we believe the empathetic community created by sharing ANY kind of poetry can lead to peace and social justice, we welcome all poems, not just those that touch directly on those themes. Poetry for Peace readings are eligible for the First Year Cup.
Poetry for Peace is active on Facebook!