*Poster submissions are now closed.*
Poster submissions will reopen in 2019.
Posters for the FYS Research Exchange Festival are printed in the ODY Library, near the Help Desk behind the photocopier. Tom Dildine will email students when their poster is ready for pick up and where [on the main level of ODY, behind the Help Desk in divided boxes with the student’s name.
- Students must fill out the Poster Print Submission Form (https://www.stlawu.edu/library/print-request-ody) in order to have their posters printed (enter FYSRE for the budget code when filling out the form), plus submit their posters below.
- Please include your name (somewhere) on your poster and as part of the file name.
- Poster requests for the FYS RE must be submitted 10 days prior to the festival. Late requests may not be printed.
- To print all the posters in a timely manner, posters for FYS RE will be printed on recycled paper. This is the default standard paper. There will be no reprints unless approved by your faculty member.
- Posters must be created at 48" x 36".
- All posters must be saved in PDF format. (Including those created in PowerPoint, InDesign, Illustrator, etc.)
- Poster Files must be named FYSRE[insert course number]_[insert your last names] e.g. FYSRE2052_Clinton_Obama_Trump
- Font sizes should be 100pt for big titles, 50pt for smaller headings, and 25pt for text.
- Poster cannot have solid black or solid dark backgrounds.
- Use the Insert menu in PowerPoint, rather than cutting and pasting, for inserting pictures.
Special Instruction for Mac Users:
The conversion from Mac to Windows is not always smooth, so please follow these steps ensure a smoother process:
- Posters created on a Mac should have the word "Mac" in the title. e.g. FYSRE2052_Clinton_Obama_Trump_MAC
- Students should open their completed Mac posters on a PC to ensure that fonts are correct and that text, graphs, and images are displaying in the appropriate places.