Location: Zoom- Please contact Emileen Garvin: email@example.com for link to the seminar.
November 13, 2020 @ 2:00pm - 3:30pm Zach Raff (University of Wisconsin - Stout)
"Decentralized environmental policy and heterogeneous pollution abatement"
December 4, 2020 @ 2:00pm-3:30pm Dhaval Dave (Bentley University)
"Lead in Drinking Water and Birth Outcomes: A Tale of Two Water Treatment Plants"
Past Economics Department Seminar Series
Fall 2019 Series
- September 26th, 2019 @ 4:00pm - 5:30pm Weixiang Pan (Georgia State University)
"Firm-Specific Pay Premia and Returns to Higher Education: Evidence from Community Colleges"
- September 20th, 2019 @ 2:00pm - 3:30pm Ben Griffy (University at Albany, SUNY)
"Precautionary Search and Human Capital over the Business Cycle"
- October 4th, 2019 @ 2:00pm - 3:30pm Kristina Sargent (Middlebury College)
"When Do Workers Prefer Open Borders?"
- October 18th, 2019 @1:30pm - 2:30pm Narayana Kocherlakota (Rochester University)
United States’ economic outlook* @ Bertrand H. Snell Hall Room 213
- October 25th, 2019 @ 2:00pm - 3:30pm Nicole Simpson (Colgate University)
"Young Unskilled Women and the Earned Income Tax Credit: Insurance Without Disincentives?"
- November 15th, 2019 @ 2:00pm - 3:30pm Nancy Chau (Cornell University)
"Networked Leaders in the Shadow of the Market – A Chinese Experiment in Allocating Land Conversion Rights"
- December 6th, 2019 @ 2:00pm - 3:30pm Sahar Milani (St. Lawrence Universty)
"R&D, Patents, and Financing Constraints of the Top Global Innovative Firms"
*sponsored by Clarkson University
Spring 2019 Series
- March 8th, 2019 @ 2:00pm - 3:30pm Hyungjo Hur (Eastern Illinois University)
“Challenges and Issues in the Human Resource Management and Workforce Development”
- April 12th, 2019 @ 2:00pm - 3:30pm David Popp (Syracuse University)
“Technological Spillover Effects of State Renewable Energy Policy: Evidence from Patent Counts”
- April 26th, 2019 @ 2:00pm - 3:30pm Rebecca Neumann (University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee)
“An International Trade Credit Channel: Implications for Industry Investment”
- 2019 Professional Development Workshop
Valentine Hall 124 -- May 14th - May 15th, 2019 @ 9:15am - 10:45am; 11:00am - 12:30pm; 1:30pm - 3:00pm; 3:15pm - 4:45pm
Scott Cunningham (Baylor University)
"Quantitative Empirical Causal Inference Workshop"
Fall 2018 Series
- September 21st, 2018 @ 2:00pm - 3:00pm Chad Sparber (Colgate University)
“Substitution between Groups of Highly-Educated, Foreign-Born, H-1B Workers”
- September 28th, 2018 @ 3:30pm - 4:30pm Xuan Jiang (Ohio State University)
“Planting the Seeds for Success: Why Women in STEM Don’t Stick in The Field”
- October 24th, 2018 @ 2:45pm - 4:00 pm Rong Li (Renmin University)
“The 2008 U.S. Auto Market Collapse”
- November 9th, 2018 @ 3:30pm - 5:00pm Mihai Paraschiv (State University of New York at Oswego)
“The Short and Long-Run Effects of International Environmental Agreements on Trade"