REQUEST FOR CATERING EXCEPTION
The catering exception form must be completed and approved by St. Lawrence University’s (SLU) Dining and Conference Services Department when any group proposes to use a non-SLU Dining Services provider for an event on university property. Before finalizing any arrangements for an event, the group should review the University’s Catering Policy and Alcohol Policy.
- Once completed by the sponsoring organization, this form will be submitted electronically to Room Reservation Clerk in Dining and Conference Services. You will receive a copy of the request.
- The recognized student organization/university department must obtain the non-university licensed food service operator’s signature on the Request for Catering Exception Form and then send the completed form to Room Reservation Clerk, Dining and Conference Services, to obtain the necessary approval signatures.
- The sponsor must also obtain proof that the operator possesses a current food license and meets the University’s liability insurance requirements. The Food Service Operator, at its sole cost and expense, must insure its activities, name the University additional insured, and provide the University with a certificate of insurance which meets the minimum requirements. A copy of the food service operator’s certificate of liability insurance and current food license should be sent along with this completed form and returned to the Room Reservation Clerk, Dining and Conference Services Office, Eben Holden to obtain the necessary approval signatures.
- The recognized student organization/university department will not be allowed to re-sell donated product or sell food from an outside caterer unless the event is part of a larger campus celebration such as Family Weekend or Homecoming, as examples. Once approved, events of this nature will require a temporary food license from the New York State Department of Health for St. Lawrence County.
- St. Lawrence University Dining and Conference Services Department will keep the original Request for Catering Exception Form on file and will keep all insurance certificates and other documentation regarding the non-university licensed food service operator
- Once approved, SLU Dining Services will notify the Organization when the approval has been granted.