Program costs: Students participating in an approved St. Lawrence University Off-Campus program remain enrolled at St. Lawrence, receive St. Lawrence credit and financial aid, and pay regular St. Lawrence University comprehensive fees. The student’s comprehensive fee paid to St. Lawrence covers tuition, room and board, and program-integrated field components on any approved off-campus program.
Where an off-campus program is operated by an organization other than St. Lawrence, the student pays regular comprehensive fees to St. Lawrence, and St. Lawrence pays fees for the student’s participation in the program directly to the program provider. Fees paid by St. Lawrence to the program provider may be more or less than an individual student’s fees paid to St. Lawrence, depending on the student’s financial aid status and amount charged by the program. St. Lawrence’s policy is meant to ensure that tuition, room, and board charges to any student are the same on any approved off-campus program as they would be on-campus, so that students can choose among a wide range of off-campus opportunities based on academic interest, knowing that their semester fees to St. Lawrence will be the same.
Additional Costs: Student comprehensive fees paid to St. Lawrence do not cover: passport and visa fees; transportation to the program; books; immunizations; local travel; and any additional required health insurance. Estimated ADDITIONAL costs of studying off-campus can be found here.
Personal Expenses and Access to Funds: Your son/daughter will receive information from their particular program that will contain advice relevant to the country to which they are travelling. The cost of living expenses will vary by how much personal travel, shopping and eating out the student plans on doing. The following are some basic recommendations
- Take a small amount of local currency if possible and some American dollar in cash. Do not take more than $250.
- Take an ATM card that will work in the host country, consult with your bank about fees for using the ATM outside the US
- Take a credit card, especially for emergencies, make sure to notify your company that you will be outside the US so they do not cancel your card!
- Most countries use CHIP & PIN. Make sure your credit card has BOTH a chip AND a PIN.
- Record your credit card number, expiration date, and phone number of the company so that you may contact them in case of loss or theft.
For complete information on Program Costs and Funding Resources please visit this page.