St. Lawrence Students
- Possess strong research and analytical skills; effective oral and written communication skills; demonstrated leadership ability; and practical work experience.
- Have international experience. Many St. Lawrence students participate in one or more study abroad programs.
- Demonstrate comfort and sophistication with technology that applies across industries.
- Complete internships in diverse settings and industries.
- Seek challenging positions in a variety of fields upon graduation.
The University operates on a two-semester calendar. Recruiting occurs during each semester, September - December, and February - May. We know that every employer has different recruiting needs; that is why we offer the opportunity to:
- Experience a personalized visit (flexible scheduling, targeted marketing, meetings with faculty, staff or special student groups)
- Conduct interviews on campus
- Schedule an information session
- Host an information table in a highly visible area with significant student traffic
If you are interested in arranging an on-campus visit, please contact our office at (315) 229-5906. For directions and information on traveling to St. Lawrence University, please visit the visitors website.
Organizations not able to send representatives to campus are still able to connect with St. Lawrence students through our Resume Referral Program. To post a position, please register for an account on Handshake, our new, modern online recruiting platform.
You may choose to collect resumes through Handshake or have students directed to your web site to submit applications and necessary materials. For additional information or assistance with registering an account, please contact our office at (315) 229-5906.
St. Lawrence participates in a consortium that sponsors an annual recruiting event in New York City and sometimes other cities that attracts employers with a wide geographical reach, who are interested in hiring interns and recent college graduates. The Career and Internship Connections are collegiate hiring events held during the first two weeks of January, where students from 17 prestigious colleges and universities meet with employers through a morning career fair and afternoon interviews. More information can be found here: http://www.cicevents.org/
Please use this resource as a guide through the process of hiring international students.