Career Services is committed to empowering students and graduates to develop their sense of purpose through formal study and active engagement beyond the classroom. We work to establish a network of support to help students navigate their own development with confidence as they explore career options, advance their personal brand, expand their experiences and thrive in a dynamic world.
Aims & Objectives
In our mission to empower students in their own lifelong career and learning journey our aim is to provide them with the following abilities:
- The ability to gain insight into their own identities including their interests, skills, values, personalities, and future goals through self-assessment, self-reflection, and active exploration.
- The ability to write well-constructed and effective documents that reflect their personal knowledge, an understanding of the goal sought, and the ability to create connections between the two.
- The ability to identify and research potential choices in the job or graduate school decision-making process and then to promote and market themselves to chosen opportunities in a professional manner.
- The ability to initiate, develop and maintain professional relationships in ways that foster mutually beneficial and continuing professional growth and development.
- The ability to understand new cultures and organizations and to negotiate the transitions to them and within them.