Our office provides many services to alumni that includes document critiques and professional advising.
Handshake Account: Contact Career Services, email@example.com or 315-229-5906, to access/update your Handshake (replaces SAINTSLink) account. Career Services will provide instructions on how to access your account as an alumnus. Please do not request a "New Student Account".
Document Critiques: If you would like your resume, curriculum vitae, cover letter or personal statement reviewed, please submit electronic copies to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Professional Advising: If you wish to speak with a Career Services Advisor to discuss job/graduate school search or networking strategies, please follow the procedure below:
Should you wish to schedule an appointment at your convenience either by phone or in person visit, please use the following guidelines. NOTE: If you schedule a meeting by phone, you are expected to call Career Services at the time of appointment. The number to call is 315-229-5906. It would also be helpful if you include your phone number or contact information when scheduling. You may also set up a meeting by contacting the Career Services office directly, 315-229-5906.
How to Schedule an Appointment in Handshake
- Log in to your Handshake account (stlawu.joinhandshake.com)
- Open the drop down on the top menu bar “Career Center” and select “Appointments”
- Click on “Schedule A New Appointment”
- Select your class level, “Alumni”
- Choose an Appointment Type (they are in alphabetical order). Scroll to find the appointment type that best suits your reason for meeting. You will most likely choose “Alumni Job Search/Document Review”, “Graduate and Professional School” or “Networking”.
- A calendar type screen will open up with the current week availability. Unavailable days are greyed out. Select the day you wish to meet and then you will be able to select a time for your meeting.
- The next screen will give you an opportunity to jot a few words about what it is you would like help with.
- Finally, click on the green “Request” button in the lower right corner to complete the appointment request.
Job Search Information
- Safety Tips for Online Searches
- Graduate School Search Information
- For More Available Resources visit Handshake