Departmental honors are awarded according to University and departmental policy, as outlined in the Student Handbook. Departmental honors is different than the Honorary Society, and is achieved only after successful completion of an honors project. A minimum GPA of 3.5 in all courses in the major is required. Students interested in pursuing an honors project should consult with their advisor and with the chair of the department early in their junior year to begin to formulate their honors projects. Honors Projects are year-long projects that emphasize independent work. Proposals are due spring semester of the junior year, one week prior to registration.
Senior Year Experience (SYE)
- Artist McKael Barnes' SYE project (Student Project)
- SYE 2019: Do You Feel Like We Do? (Exhibition)
- SYE Project 2019: Do You Feel Like We Do? (Gallery Reception)
- SYE 2018: Beauty and Resistance (Exhibition)
- SYE Project 2018: Beauty and Resistance (Exhibition Installation)