Major Declaration Week is February 17-21, with major declaration cards due by Friday, February 28!
If you are ready to declare your major right now, just
• fill out a major declaration form (the yellow card, available at the Center for Student Achievement in Madill, the Registrar’s Office in Vilas, most academic department offices, and online) and
• drop it in one of the red drop boxes (in Madill, Vilas, and downstairs in the Student Center). Beat the rush and it will be processed more quickly!
If you are not ready to declare your major (not sure what you want to major in? or whom to ask to be your academic advisor?), you should
• talk it over with your current academic advisor, or
• come see Elun Gabriel (Associate Dean of Academic Advising), Mary Jane Smith (Faculty Coordinator of the Sophomore Success Initiative), or Matt McCluskey (Coordinator of Academic Engagement) from 12:00-1:00 downstairs in the Student Center Monday, February 17th-Wednesday, February 19th
• make an appointment to see Elun Gabriel or one of the staff in Academic Advising— Matt McCluskey (Coordinator of Academic Engagement),Tina Tao (Coordinator of Academic Support), or Colleen Coakley (Coordinator of Academic Development).
• We also hold drop-in advising hours from 11:30-1:00 every Tuesday (Student Center 242, the Monaco Room) and Thursday (Augsbury 112, the Margie Strait Conference Room). Come for an individual meeting or come in with your friends and do it together. We will have major declaration cards with us.
Want to talk to a department chair or other faculty member about a major? Some departments may also be hosting their own major information events—look for SLUdent announcements, posters, or other publicity about this. For many other advising issues, see the main Academic Advising page, including our FAQ.
Celebrate your major declaration--the Sophomore Class Council is hosting a Sophmore Celebration event in Dean Eaton Lounge from 6-8 p.m. on Friday, February 21st! Enjoy cake, cookies, and fun with your peers.