Summer 2017 Internships
- American University’s summer internship program, in Washington, D.C., offers students the opportunity to earn academic credit for interning 30 hours per week. Students also participate in an engaging academic seminar featuring guest speakers and site visits. Students can choose from a wide variety of internships including many in the non-profit sector. In the past, students have interned with local service organizations on issues including education, public health, homelessness, and environmental justice. Students have also interned with national and international organizations such as Save the Children, World Wildlife Fund, and World Vision. There are also many opportunities in government, business, and communications. They offer flexible academic choices with one, three, and six credit options. All of our summer participants receive extensive professional internship placement assistance and mentoring to help them explore future career opportunities.
- Campus Kitchens is looking for a paid summer intern for the Summer of 2017. Dates are May 29th-August 2nd. Applicants are housed at the Sustainability House and hours are flexible. For more information, please contact Ashlee Downing email@example.com. To apply click here
- GardenShare is looking for a full-time person for an Americorps VISTA position. This position will work with the five farmers markets in St. Lawrence County to promote the use of SNAP benefits at the markets and to engage more volunteers and build the sustainability of the markets. The VISTA will also work to strengthen GardenShare and build the organization's capacity through volunteer recruitment and support. More information can be found here: http://www.gardenshare.org/content/position-available-americorps-vista
- Volunteer Service's Logistic Student Employee: This position is for the Fall 2017 with opportunity for a few hours toward end of this semester to train. This student position will work with Volunteer Service's to help maintain accurate records for student community service hours, update the website and other logistic needs as they come up. Applications are due by Sunday April 16th. To apply for this position please click here. Questions? Contact Volunteer Services at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Volunteer Service's Marketing Student Employee: This position is for the Fall 2017 with opportunity for a few hours toward end of this semester to train. This student position will work with Volunteer Service's to help run social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram and Twitter), create fliers and banners for upcoming events and write articles for local and student newspaper as needed. . Applications are due by Sunday April 16th. To apply for this position please click here. Questions? Contact Volunteer Services at email@example.com