Contact Us    Find People    Site Index
   Homepage
page header
 future students linkscurrent students linksfaculty and staff linksalumni linksparents linksvisitors links
 

News Digest
October 15, 2007

View this email as a web page.

News Digest is your weekly collection of news releases and Web feature stories. For more resources on campus events and programs, check these Web sites:

Master Calendar of Events
St. Lawrence News and Features
St. Lawrence In the News
Saints Athletics

Click on an image for a larger version

Campus News
Johnson Hall of Science Dedication and Open House for the Campus and Regional Community
The public is invited to dedication ceremonies to be held at St. Lawrence University's Johnson Hall of Science on Saturday, October 20, at noon. Johnson Hall is a state-of-the-art, sustainable science facility, the largest facilities project in University history. An open house and lunch buffet for the community will be held following the ceremony, and tours of the facility will be available.For more
Governor Spitzer Visits St. Lawrence
Governor Spitzer visited the North Country October 9 and made a planned, but unannounced, visit to St. Lawrence University. While here, he enjoyed a quick tour of Johnson Hall of Science, met with University Fellows research students from New York State or who studied New York State topics, and attended a community leaders meeting moderated by President Daniel F. Sullivan. We are pleased to share a Web photo album with you!

Outing Club Climbs to New Heights..All 46, To Be Exact
St. Lawrence University's Outing Club, the second-oldest such organization in the country, once again succeeded in placing students at the top of all 46 "high peaks" of the Adirondack Mountains during Peak Weekend, held October 5 through 7, 2007.For more

Peter Ladd Authors New Book on Conflict Resolution
Only 30 percent of all law enforcement calls result in an arrest. A new book co-authored by a St. Lawrence University Professor Peter Ladd helps officers learn to deal with the other 70 percent. For more
Andy Rampersaud '10 Receives Travel Grant for Biomedical Research Conference
Andy Rampersaud '10, of Bronx, NY, has been granted a travel award to present his work at the 2007 Annual Biomedical Research Conference for Minority Students (ABRCMS), to be held in Austin, Texas, November 7 through 10.
For more
Alumni News
Late Alumnus David Klim '74 Honored
The late Judge David Klim '74 is among seven Nottingham High School alumni who will be honored at the second annual "Wall of Fame" induction ceremony on October 13, 2007, at Drumlins Country Club in Syracuse.For more
Alumna Rachel May '02 Honored
Rachel R. May '02, an associate in the Carlton Fields law firm in Tampa, FL, was included in Tampa Bay Business Journal's "30 Under 30 Class of 2007."
For more
Saints Athletics
The men's soccer team, which came into the season ranked 22nd in the country, beat Potsdam and Clarkson to run its unbeaten streak to eight games. The field hockey team, ranked 19th, beat Hartwick 2-1. Men's hockey split a weekend home series, beating Providence 4-1 and losing to UMass Amherst 3-1.

For More Athletics news

Web Site Updates and Features

SLU Live! Laurentian Singers performing our school songs, recording of the Bacheller Memorial Chimes, links to our admissions video, our podcasts, our photo albums, our student blogs, and our Web cam.

We have two excellent new podcast episodes available this week, Professor Patti Lock's "Why I Teach" essay and the October 3 Poetry for Peace edition. Listen today!!

St. Lawrence has a MySpace page! Join today!

News Digest Archive
News Digest is a weekly compilation of the news releases and Web feature stories created in the past week. It is released, generally, every Monday.

In an ideal location, St. Lawrence is a diverse liberal arts learning community of inspiring faculty, serious students and accomplished graduates, guided by tradition and focused on the future.

St. Lawrence University · 23 Romoda Drive · Canton, NY · 13617 · Copyright · University Communications · 315-229-5585